Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Power of Appreciating Differences

Hi!

Just got back from a week in Kona with Mark Victor Hansen's (Chicken Soup Books) and Robert G. Allen's (No Money Down author) Inner Circle meeting. This was my first junket to Hawaii and the culture was different from anything I had seen. The landscape, the food, the language, the energy, the climate - everything was different. I realized when I heard other people instantly critisize something different from what they were used to, that my first response is neutral or positive.

I noticed the stark black volcanic land all around us, but my first response was to be interested rather than to judge. I deeply appreciate my parents, who taught us, as we traveled often and lived in other countries, to respect and appreciate different cultures. This has served me well in my business as I gravitate towards clients who have unusual or unique characteritics and corporate cultures and they enjoy being appreciated.

Differences keep my spirit alive. As the world gets smaller and smaller, cultural differences become a larger part of our every day lives. The more we celebrate and appreciate them, the more succesful we will be.

Today, seek out differences and appreciate them. With practice, you can develop this as a mindset and business skill.

Enjoy!

Dr. Linne Bourget

www.whatyousayiswhatyouget.com

Copyright 2005-2008. All Rights Reserved.
Dr. Linne Bourget, M.A., M.B.A., Ph.D.

1 comment:

357martini said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.