Thursday, November 17, 2005

Create An Appreciative Thanksgiving - The Deepest Craving

Every year my favorite part of Thanksgiving is to go around the table after dinner and before dessert, when everyone needs a breather, and have everyone appreciate each other, out loud, in words! I started this 25 years ago when I was doing my Ph.D dissertation on appreciation. Although the academics thought I was nuts, "real people" were inspired by my work.

This Thanksgiving appreciation time transforms groups instantly by touching their hearts, saying and hearing words of appreciation. Take every opportunity to tell people you appreciate them, for we never know how long they will be with us.

Recently, a younger dear friend and colleague passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. As I grieve his loss, I have enormous sorrow but no guilt as I had told him all along what I appreciate about him. Be appreciation-wise, keep current by saying the appreciation in your heart at the time. Don't wait.

Appreciate everything good in your life this holiday season. Whatever you appreciate expands.

Appreciatively,

Dr. Linne


Copyright 2005-2008. All Rights Reserved.
Dr. Linne Bourget, M.A., M.B.A., Ph.D.

No comments: